Options

Codex Magazine?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in Technique and Theory
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    The first issue was great. Issue two is something like six months late, so we’ll see how it goes.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,146
    I've written something for Issue 3.
    Paul Shaw is the editor.
    I don't know about him, but I don't really feel like part of a repertory company, have no idea who the other contributors are, and haven't even seen issue 1.
    I thought it was the initiative of John Boardley, who started the I Love Typography blog—a young fellow, I assume.
  • Options
    Paul is knowledgeable, incisive and dogged in his pursuit of the "truth." Cannot think of a person I would have write about me other than Paul, whether it was bad or good.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,146
    edited November 2012
    I exchanged several emails with Paul concerning the naming of Kabel, which I had mentioned in my article for Codex. We were both interested (possibly incisive and dogged) in how it got its name, although the smart thing to do would have been to omit that if we weren’t sure. The truth, as far as we were able to ascertain, was that it was not named after a transatlantic telecommunications cable, but possibly one between Berlin and Vienna used for transmitting graphics, or a cable car cable, or because as a monoline it was cable-like in form. So the “truth”, while indecisive, nonetheless discounts the factoid.
  • Options
    Beautiful work, beautifully presented. I've pre-ordered #2.
  • Options
  • Options
    PayPal worked like a charm, fwiw. You could also email nevergonnaletyougo@codexmag.com and say "I'm incisive and dogged and I want my Issue #2."
  • Options
  • Options
    I wonder if the credit card problem has to do with the fact that John Boardley (publisher of Codex) lives in Vietnam? I often run into problems when I try to use a credit card to order something online from a foreign country.
  • Options
  • Options
    But didn't he used to live in Japan?
  • Options
    Yes, he moved in July
  • Options
    Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 425
    Elliot Jay Stocks posted this about paypal and 8faces mag http://elliotjaystocks.com/blog/good-riddance-paypal/ maybe John and Codex has had issues too?