- Job Number: 43113824
- London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Posted: 12 August 2016
- Weekly Hours: 35.00
The Type Engineering group is responsible for the delivery of fonts used for software, hardware, marketing, and corporate needs at Apple. We are seeking a Type designer to help with the design and implementation of new typefaces, evaluation and modification of existing typefaces. Typefaces comprise Latin and non-Latin scripts.
- Required Experience:
- Professional experience in Type design and development.
- Typographic features and shaping expertise.
- Self-motivated, critical thinking, and demonstrated creativity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven delivery track-record.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Type design and development.
- Desired Experience:
- Knowledge and/or expertise of languages using non-Latin scripts.
- Script programming skills. Python preferably.
- Knowledge of software testing techniques, methodologies and practices.
The primary responsibilities of this position are: •Design and production of new font faces. •Diagnose and fix defects in existing fonts as necessary. •Interact with design teams throughout the company to gather requirements, provide briefs, and advice on typographic needs. •Report on project progress and communicate any perceived risks.
Bachelors degree or equivalent. Type design degree desirable.