Export old-style non-OpenType "kern" table

2»

Comments

• Hi Ray,

To check whether I recalled correctly the decompiling by FontForge, I just generated a kern.fea file with KernMaster. Then I used this to generate an OTF, which I opened in FontForge. Subsequently I generated together with an OTF an AFM file. This seems to work over here.

Frank

• Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    edited May 2016
    Someone contacted me to let me know that there's an option in Fontlab to selectively limit which glyphs are included when the old-style kern table is expanded. That would be useful if it worked. But it doesn't. You can set it to to any codepage you like and the resulting old-style kern table will be exactly the same. It's unfortunate because I could create custom codepages for the purpose of limiting old-style kern table generation.

• Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    I'd very much appreciate it if someone with a Mac and the new FontLab Studio preview could confirm whether or not the new version if "Generate only pairs with glyphs in following codepage" works correctly.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,730
    It appears to work correctly in the Mac version, yes, from my testing tonight.