A "Font Production" room?
Ramiro Espinoza
Posts: 839
Hi! I can't find a room dedicated to font production at TypeDrawers. Since the "Build" room at Typophile has always been a very valuable resource for a lot of people, can a similar space be created here?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
There is always the "Critiques" forum!0
-
Is there some reason that font production discussions cannot go in the “Software” section?0
-
I would think Technique and Theory, as it seems like a "technique" topic.0
-
Well, it is not the same. What about kerning lists and methods? Or design standards for foreign diacritics? Or encoding policies? Or glyph naming issues? Or production workflows? Or font format specifications? This technicalities deserve a special section that is different than the one used for exchanging experiences about font software.0
-
"Technique and Theory" is a sub section of "Lettering and calligraphy". I don't think 'font production' would fit.0
-
It's also a subsection of "Typeface Design".0
-
@Mark, Oh, you are right. Huummmm... I still don't know but maybe I'm being a bit stubborn
. 0 -
The user and all related content has been deleted.0
-
Ok, that will be the place of my future technical questions. Deal.0
-
Let’s just keep production in the “Technique and Theory” and “Software” categories for now. If a large volume of production posts start to appear I will add a category later.0
-
Less categories, please. I'm already confused.2
Categories
- All Categories
- 47 Introductions
- 4K Typeface Design
- 497 Type Design Critiques
- 590 Type Design Software
- 1.1K Type Design Technique & Theory
- 674 Type Business
- 904 Font Technology
- 29 Punchcutting
- 543 Typography
- 128 Type Education
- 333 Type History
- 82 Type Resources
- 114 Lettering and Calligraphy
- 33 Lettering Critiques
- 81 Lettering Technique & Theory
- 577 Announcements
- 101 Events
- 116 Job Postings
- 174 Type Releases
- 185 Miscellaneous News
- 270 About TypeDrawers
- 54 TypeDrawers Announcements
- 114 Suggestions and Bug Reports



