Creating opentype font in FontLab 5

2»

Comments

• Can anyone give me an insight on how to calculate space.frac and uni00A0.frac width? What's the intention behind it?
  • I don’t think you have to create uni00A0. Software will synthesise that based on the space. As for space.frac, that’s a space you’d use in a fraction – the space inside “25 1/4”. In my fraction feature code, I swap the space with a thinspace, but if you desire a different type of space inside the fraction, that’s where you’d be able to design it reliably. If hooked up in OpenType, of course.

What I’m wondering is, where are you getting those glyph names from?
  • I don’t think you have to create uni00A0. Software will synthesise that based on the space. As for space.frac, that’s a space you’d use in a fraction – the space inside “25 1/4”. In my fraction feature code, I swap the space with a thinspace, but if you desire a different type of space inside the fraction, that’s where you’d be able to design it reliably. If hooked up in OpenType, of course.

What I’m wondering is, where are you getting those glyph names from?
    between 25 and 1/4? so the space there is thinner hm. Also if I already had created uni00A0 it won't cause problem right?