Monotype is a leading global provider of
type, technology and expertise, enabling optimal user experiences and brand
Monotype offers one of the world’s largest and most highly regarded typeface libraries, as well as innovative solutions that bring the power of type to life. We help creative professionals distinguish their work by employing exceptional type and advanced technologies in service to their imaginations. Monotype’s fonts and technologies are found in printers, copiers, mobile phones, e-readers, tablets, automotive displays, digital cameras, navigation devices, TVs, set-top boxes, consumer appliances and a wide range of other products. We are also leaders in enterprise publishing environments and Web fonts.
We are looking for a Senior
Type Designer for our London Studio, someone who loves typography and can enjoy
collaborating with our other designers as well as the customers we work with.
Applicants should have at least three years of solid, practical experience with
the design of typeface families, as shown by a portfolio of work.
The role involves working on custom projects and designs for our type library and also being able to work directly with customers to help make sure we provide them with the best type solution(s) — big or small.
· Design of new library typefaces as well as custom design for a diverse range of purposes.
· Management of type projects, including proposals, organization and design of large type families, working with our font engineers on production issues, and design approval.
· Ability to build OpenType feature files.
· Continuous development of knowledge about current font technologies, Non-Latin scripts, and typographic practice.
· Provide support to our sales and marketing teams, including typeface recommendations or consultation with customers.
· Collaboration with other designers (in-house as well as external contractors), font engineers and quality assurance specialists on large projects.
· Work on multiple projects, keeping priorities and deadlines in clear perspective.
· Mentor junior designers on design techniques to broaden their skills.
· Bachelor or Master’s Degree in visual communication or type design. At least three years of professional experience in type design.
· A portfolio of type design work showing excellent handling of type outlines and technical skills, as well as an appreciation of aesthetics and the use of type.
· Familiarity with a variety of software tools used by the industry (i.e. Glyphs, FontLab Studio, RoboFont, Adobe FDK).
· Experience with at least one Non-Latin writing system (i.e. Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Indic scripts) would be desirable.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic production environment with challenging deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills for presenting and reviewing work with clients.
· Basic editorial capabilities to write short articles or blog entries on typography.
· Willingness to travel.
· An enthusiastic team of type designers and technologists, established and new talent, from all over the world.
· Lots of opportunities to learn as well as determine the future of our type design and font development.
· Attractive compensation package
Interested candidates can view the job description and apply here: https://monotypeeurope.applicantpro.com/jobs/267538.html