In the spirit of transparency, tangible site changes will be documented here whenever possible. Feedback is welcome, but please post a new discussion about the specific topic in Suggestions and Bug Reports
.Oct 20–21, 2014
- Font sizes are now slightly larger all around. This was a selfish change as I was always using the browser zoom here, but I hear I was not alone in thinking the text was just a bit too small. Line-height is also a tad tighter. Unfortunately, the template provides no <p> tags in these posts(!) so I am unable to control the spacing between paragraphs which I feel could be much tighter.
Overall, I appreciate James’ spare and readable design for TypeDrawers and I don’t intend to alter that in any significant way. Again, thanks to Webtype, Okay Type, and Bold Monday for the use of their fine fonts.
- Blockquotes are now gray so they are more easily distinguished from the general comment text.
- To prevent extreme logorrhea, each user is allowed only 2 comments every 4 minutes. (This is roughly twice as strict as before.) Those who attempt to break that limit are automatically gagged for 10 minutes. My guess is this limit is rarely reached. If I had the option I would prefer to set a per-day limit instead, but the forum software doesn’t allow that option. If folks really feel like that would be valuable we can request a custom change to the software.
- Posts and comments can be edited for up to 4 hours. The previous limit was 1 hour.
- New users must be approved by a moderator before their account is activated. There are no pre-requisites for membership. It’s just that there were bunches of bots creating accounts daily so it’s easier to keep them out this way.
- Suggestions, Feature Requests and Bug Reports categories have been merged for simplicity.