Type Idea Sketches

Hello everyone! Lots of new faces.

I've been sketching some font ideas out, but I haven't digitized anything because I don't have experience yet. I'd like some critique on these ideas, though.
1.2.3. Semimonospaced, not monoline.4. Condensed poster style4. My text font idea with.5. More like #3, and a very small point size doodle.6. Humanist sans.7. Funkalicious fatface + hairline

What should I change?
Which ones are worth continuing?

Thanks everyone  :)

Comments

• To me #5 has the most potential, in its idiosyncratic valuation of the white. Also, the "f" in #1 and the "a" in #3 are interesting seeds I think.

• I found the «gg bdpq fgh» in 3. rather striking; it resonates with the Zeitgeist of horizontal emphasis experimentation.

I also liked the text font idea (4.) quite a lot, in both optical sizes. The lower version with its supershort ascenders ventures into a less crowded area of the parameter space, which might come in handy in making your typeface stand out in the market. I'm not fond of the Meta-style truncated half-tail on /a and /d — but that may just be a matter of personal taste.
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 566
    I like #1 if you're going to keep it loose like that.
  • Niki VecekNiki Vecek Posts: 6
    I also like #1 the most. I think it could be developed into a really great font!