Anfíbia - new display font

13»

Comments

• Hello again.

I imagined that this year would be able to produce this project faster
    , but I did not imagine the unforeseen events that kept me away from the type design.

Well, here I show the new weight of typeface, I wanted everyone's opinion I do not know if I studied enough about drawing bold types.

Thanks in advance.

• I worked at an even thinner weight,
    What do you think?

• I'm not sure the back-leaning C, c and G are really working well, in any weight.

The lowercase s is feeling awkward and "constructed" and the top is just a bit too pinched, especially in the bold.

The cap S leans back in the bold and leans forward in the light, so it seems inconsistent in that regard.

The cap U has a squarish bottom curve, that seems out of place with everything else in the font. Perhaps a bulging out rounded shape would work better.
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 681
    I disagree about the squarish U. It looks like a circa 1900 typeface and that kind of idea was common in display lettering. Do a Pinterest search for piano sheet music covers and you'll see it a lot.
  • Sure, thanks for the feedback
    I'm going to start working on S / because that's what I get the most from the mistake.
  • What do you think???

I later post the new forms of /G and /C

• I'm following the path of keeping the back slope

• Boldest /S/ still leans back.
  • edited January 6
    Sorry, don't finish

old                                                       new

• Overlap

I realized he was more bold than of what should, so the redesign was more drastic

• I just worked in the /G bold so far

Overlap:

I do not know if it's working. What do you think???

• The back-lean in C and G doesn't really work for me, but that may be just a matter of taste. S is looking better, for sure.