Options

Hi everyone!

I am Ruben Tarumian, a type designer from Yerevan (Armenia). 
I have an architectural education, but after graduating from university I very quickly switched to type design. I have been creating fonts since the late 1980s. My initial goal was to expand the range of Armenian fonts, but in order to obtain complete, usable fonts, I also create Latin and often Cyrillic ranges. Moreover, often the graphic ideas of my fonts are formed on the basis of Armenian glyphs and then only transferred to the Latin and Cyrillic ranges (more often it happens the other way around :-)). I also study the history of writing: Armenian, and not only.
I would be interested in collaborating with other designers to create additional ranges. First of all, of course, Armenian, but also Cyrillic.
You can read about me on my website (in Armenian). Most of my type works are presented in the album.
P.S. I don't understand how works search on this forum. I can't search the forum.

Comments

• Options
    Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,766
    Hi Ruben!

Welcome, and I am sure many of us will be interested to check out your typefaces. Especially fun to see typefaces that are first designed for another writing system and then the Latin is the “companion” design.

Search does seem to be broken at the moment, somebody was just commenting on that in another thread, and the admins are aware. Hope it is fixed soon!

Thomas
  • Options
    TarumianTarumian Posts: 9
    Thank you Thomas for the warm welcome.

• Options
    Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,383
    Welcome, Ruben; I think you'll like it here.
  • Options
    John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 3,005
    Բարի գալուստ!
  • Options
    Շնորհակալություն, Ջոն:-))
  • Options
    Tural AlisoyTural Alisoy Posts: 35
    Hi, Ruben. Welcome. I am a type designer living in Azerbaijan. You have more experience than me. I started adding Armenian letters to my fonts this year. I don't know how well I did it. If you would like to share your experiences with me, I would like to consult with you often.
  • Options
    Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,656
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 427
    Welcome :-) 
  • Options
    Thanks to all. I didn’t visit the site for several days: I thought I should receive notifications to my mail. How it works?

• Options
    Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,409
    There are notification settings hidden away pretty well: From the home page, click your name, then from the dropdown top right click edit profile, then you should see notification preferences on the left. 
    That's how to find it: whether those settings actually work I'm not so sure! 
  • Options
    edited May 8
    ... whether those settings actually work I'm not so sure! 
    Thanks, Craig, I've done so, but not receive anything by email:-)
    Are there any help resources on how this forum engine works?

• Options
    Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,409
    Unfortunately it's somewhat buggy. 
    Here I'm tagging you @Tarumian to test whether you get an email notification for that. 
  • Options
    No, Craig, I did not receive any notification by mail. Every time I have to go to the forum to find out if they wrote to me. I just answered Thomas’s test. He also left a test post.