Options

A handwritten, script font for the Greek alphabet

Hi, I want to adapt the Greek, Hebrew, Cyrillic alphabet to the new handwritten font I'm working on. The issue I'm struggling with right now is that I can't find a sufficient source for how to make the Greek handwriting more accurate. I'm also looking at some script fonts, but I don't know how accurate they are. It would be great if you could help me with this. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Microsoft’s Segoe Script and Segoe Print fonts are both really good in this respect. The Greek design was advised by Gerry Leonidas to accurately reflect modern Greek handwriting.
  • Options
    As far as I know PF Champion Script and Zapfino (Extra/ W1G) are accurate fonts in regards of Greek handwriting.
  • Options
    Champion Script is excellent, but it is a formal 18th Century style, so not really what most people would think of handwriting in today’s sense.

Tural, it would be helpful to know what style of handwriting your font expresses.
  • Options
    The Adobe Handwriting set also has a variety of Greek styles:  https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/adobe-handwriting

If I recall correctly, Gerry Leonidas mentioned that there's not much formal penmanship training in Greece today, so everyday handwriting varies quite a lot.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your help. This was very helpful. In making a script font, but I'm working on a font like the Adobe Handwriting Ernie font. I hope I was able to explain my point. Screenshot

• Options
    Just as an aside (unrelated to your question about Greek), I would make the figures smaller than the capitals and closer to the size of the lowercase.
  • Options
    @Mark Simonson If my master says so, I will do so.  It will be as you say.  I was a bit indecisive.  Thank you.