Architype Bayer-Type

Fiz de la PeñaFiz de la Peña Posts: 64
edited June 2021 in Resources
Hello,

I am currently working on a small personal project and I plan to use the Architype Bayer-Type created by The Foundry in 2011. Yes, the characters are quirky and gorgeous but my current expense capacity is rather limited. The scale of the project is really minuscule and I wonder if The Foundry has created a budget-friendly option for those who have not the resources to pay the full price of the font. The idea of "Font Rental" has definitely come to mind.

I would be really grateful if someone could indicate to a more economical typography outlet to acquire the aforementioned Architype Bayer-Type.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Comments

• Your question about a "budget-friendly" option for purchasing Architype Bayer would be better directed directly to The Foundry.

A search of MyFonts for "Bayer" reveals several lower-priced options for fonts based on the same design. If you're an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber, search for "Bauhaus" to find a similar option.

On the font rental side, search for "Joost" at Fontstand.
  • Maybe you can buy this
    https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/nicksfonts/debonair-inline-nf/regular/
    and remove the insides.  :-)

Thanks for the tip!
  • Your question about a "budget-friendly" option for purchasing Architype Bayer would be better directed directly to The Foundry.

A search of MyFonts for "Bayer" reveals several lower-priced options for fonts based on the same design. If you're an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber, search for "Bauhaus" to find a similar option.

On the font rental side, search for "Joost" at Fontstand.
    Thanks for pointing out all the options. I think I'll start saving and wait for a few weeks until I buy the original font.
  • What do you plan to do with the font? If it's for a specific mark or other limited use you may get a better result by hiring a lettering artist or type designer to draw the letters from scratch.
  • For less than $99?
  • What do you plan to do with the font? If it's for a specific mark or other limited use you may get a better result by hiring a lettering artist or type designer to draw the letters from scratch.
    It's a completely personal project. I certainly do not plan to distort or alter the letterfoms. I don't intend to sell or market the project either. I do it for the pure enjoyment of printing texts I myself wrote or others have.