How to cover "Language systems"

ahmederaqiahmederaqi Posts: 20
edited October 2020 in Education
Hello,
i tested my font & i need to fully cover this feature and other features like windows & mac support.
what i'm missing ? 

Comments

• John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,955
    Where is that Summary from? It looks like some kind of test result, but without knowing what is being tested for, it is impossible to determine what might need to be done.

OpenType Layout tables may contain Language System trees for features and lookups, but they don't have to, and there is no required set of Language System entries that needs to be included in a font. Everything depends on the design of the font, how it works, and what language-specific behaviour it might require.
  • This Summary is from the testing page of Alphabet. You can see detailed results below, in the same page. Click in the entries with <100% to see the lacking characters:

• Where is that Summary from? It looks like some kind of test result, but without knowing what is being tested for, it is impossible to determine what might need to be done.

OpenType Layout tables may contain Language System trees for features and lookups, but they don't have to, and there is no required set of Language System entries that needs to be included in a font. Everything depends on the design of the font, how it works, and what language-specific behaviour it might require.
    test from here
    http://www.alphabet-type.com/tools/charset-checker/
  • It looks like a simple Unicode codepoint check against a series of "required" (etc.) for a series of languages. What is your concern? If you intend to fully support your example "Church Slavonic", just add the missing characters.
  • Igor FreibergerIgor Freiberger Posts: 250
    edited October 2020
    Theunis, my answer was directed to ahmederaqi and the capture was to show him where the test information is.
    An excellent place to find such tests is Stefan Peev's LocalFont.eu. (By the way, the whole localfonts site is excellent.)

• An excellent place to find such tests is Stefan Peev's LocalFont.eu. (By the way, the whole localfonts site is excellent.)
    Thank you, Igor. Very nice of you. I just started a new section in LocalFonts - section JOURNAL. It will be another place to discuss the issues about the languages and the typography.
  • Ah, Igor, apologies -- all those huge screenshots must have thrown me off course! Yes, that looks like the intended use.
  • Ah, Igor, apologies -- all those huge screenshots must have thrown me off course! Yes, that looks like the intended use.
    sorry for these screenshots i wanted to show all my progress ... and thanks you were very helpful ♥