Robotfont UI elements

Forgive me for my noob question, but i'm trying to figure out what the shape icons on the glyphs in Robofont mean. I know you can assign different colors to the the appearance of the glyph, but how do the circle, square and triangle icons differ from each other? I can't seem to find documentation on this anywhere... thx!

Tagged:

Comments

• Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited June 2020
    Circle = node connecting two curve segments. Black outline means the handles on either side will be kept parallel as they are repositioned. No outline means the handles can be moved independently, usually forming a corner. 

Square = node connecting two straight segments, or a straight segment and an unconstrained curve segment, usually forming a corner.

Triangle = node connecting a straight segment and a curve segment where the handle on the curve will be kept parallel with the straight segment, keeping the straight segment tangent to the curve.

Note that curve segments have two handles, straight segments have none.
  • Joe ElwellJoe Elwell Posts: 34
    edited June 2020
    Scratch this comment, I was not able to attach the PDF in this thread...
  • Noah BarnettNoah Barnett Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @Mark Simonson; i just watched your Herb Lubalin/ Type@Cooper lecture the other day and really enjoyed it :-)