Options

Fontlab "assign to keyboard-button" issue

Hi, I run Fontlab studio 5.1.3 on both my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro. On both Yosemite is the OS. On my MacPro (almost) everything is working, but on my MacbookPro the "assign to keyboard" button is not working, clicking on button or triangle next to it is doing nothing. So, it works on MacPro but not on MacBookPro, any idea? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    No one? :(
  • Options
    Ramiro EspinozaRamiro Espinoza Posts: 839
    edited February 2015
    The interface problems I had with my MacBook pro and Yosemite were caused by a workspace I had tried to import from another Mac. Even erasing all workspaces and the preferences file in the usual way was not enough, FL seemed to 'remember' the settings of the problematic workspace. I solved it by creating a new user in the Mac BookPro, installing a clean FL there, and then taking its workspace to the main user. Then, FL behaved again like after a very first install and all the weird UI problems got solved. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that’s not fixing my problem. :/ 
  • Options
    Hi Pieter! I've asked a couple of my FontLab colleagues if they can help. Contacting tech support is often a useful route for this, for a much faster response.  :)
  • Options
    Hi Thomas, thank you very much! I hope they come with a solution.
  • Options
    The solution was: quit Fontlab, moving the workspace and preference files to the desktop, restart Fontlab, quit again, move back the workspace and preference files to the place where they belong. Fixed!