A browser extension to avoid glare on text
jaimes
Posts: 31
Hi,
a while ago I had a discussion here about pure white background on screen producing glare for reading. See https://typedrawers.com/discussion/5494/glare-of-white-100-backgrounds-and-how-it-affects-fonts
I've created a browser extension that works on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and substitutes text backgrounds that are too bright with something more muted.
I hope it's useful to some, and I'd love to hear any feedback, positive or negative.
2
Categories
- All Categories
- 47 Introductions
- 4K Typeface Design
- 496 Type Design Critiques
- 589 Type Design Software
- 1.1K Type Design Technique & Theory
- 674 Type Business
- 902 Font Technology
- 29 Punchcutting
- 542 Typography
- 127 Type Education
- 333 Type History
- 82 Type Resources
- 114 Lettering and Calligraphy
- 33 Lettering Critiques
- 81 Lettering Technique & Theory
- 575 Announcements
- 101 Events
- 116 Job Postings
- 173 Type Releases
- 184 Miscellaneous News
- 270 About TypeDrawers
- 54 TypeDrawers Announcements
- 114 Suggestions and Bug Reports