Moderation is something that should be done, well, in moderation. Or so that is how I feel. My hope is that you, the users of TypeDrawers, continue to hold enriching discussions while keeping the rules
in mind. However, there are instances where you might need assistance and so for those reasons we have moderators. These are the current moderators. Note that @James Todd
is the type designing half of the admin here. I am, on the other hand, a fangirl at heart, but have long had a strong sense of justice when it comes to type and its designers.
- Ramiro Espinoza is an Argentinian type designer and proprietor of ReType. Also a KABK graduate, Ramiro now lives in The Hague and just published a book on Amsterdam’s distinctive shopfront lettering. Ramiro is an early TD adopter and has served as a moderator since before my tenure as Manager.
- Jess McCarty is an American lettering artist, typeface designer and the proprietor of Magpie Paper Works since 2010. A self-described “champion of square pegs,” she recently co-founded Rare Bird Fonts; the foundry is committed to increasing the visibility and participation of women in type design. Jess is a long-time TD member and consistently active in both the forum & within the type community at large.
- James Todd is a type and graphic designer and proprietor of JTD in New York. Before typography, his exploits included bespoke tailoring and auto upholstery. (Really!) James is also one of the first TD members and became a moderator not long after its creation.
- Tiffany Wardle is a typographer living and working in San Jose, California. She earned her MA in the Theory and History of Typography & Graphic Communication at The University of Reading. Active in the type community, Tiffany has written for several design publications, served as a SOTA board member, and is always down for a good type critique.
- Dyana Weissman is Custom Type Director at Type Network. She has been designing type for over 15 years for a broad range of clients. Although she can draw letters with the best of ’em, Dyana has a reputation for being fond of kerning. Once, she played the organ at Fenway Park.