Typeboard is now in open beta, name changing to TypeDrawers.

James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
edited March 2013 in TypeDrawers Announcements
Typeboard is now in open beta. That means anyone can apply for an account which must be approved by a moderator. This method of authentication will probably remain permanent to keep spammers at bay.

TypeDrawers will be the official name of TypeBoard. I will not rename the board itself until Friday, April 6 as I want time to test DNS first. Typedrawers.com has been purchased and set up but needs time to propagate to name servers.

Comments

• What was wrong with Typeboard?

TypeDrawers sounds like you're selling underwear.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Get your mind out of the gutter, dude.
  • It'll be official until James change the header ;-)
  • Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,131
    Kisses on the bottom, anyone?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 420
    @jackson - maybe the forum could have a store selling type-themed undergarments to help cover costs?
  • Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 420
    Or maybe Underware should do the identity for the forms ;-)
  • I'm gonna go on record saying that I prefer Typeboard much more than TypeDrawers. Easier to say, and doesn't bother the pedant letterpress printer in me.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited April 2012
    I'm not against the name Typeboard per se, but typeboard.com isn't available and James already got the domain for typedrawers.com. Maybe we could keep the Typeboard name but at typedrawers.com. The confusion might help keep the riffraff out.
  • Mark,

If the riffraff (I assume you're talking about constant font ID questions) can't even be bothered to look for the correct sub-forum to post their question, I'm sure they wouldn't even notice the name difference.