Morethan Just Font

Hey guys!
My name is Stan. I am a graphic designer, and I work with fonts every day during the twelve years. And one time I have thought that I can try and create a simple font myself. But I don’t have experience in font creation. So, I will really appreciate your rational critique and advice.
Many thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Sidebearings and kerning look very tight, but that depends on the intended size. Punctuation generally too small. Mostly this just needs more careful drawing—less clunky straights-into-curves, consistency of thicknesses and parallelness on diagonals, more thinning on joins in the regular weight. Don't get too far out front in filling out the character set; keep adjusting those curves until they are more harmonious. And forget kerning until last.
  • Also, I think your extrabold would probably be better just referred to as bold.
  • Sidebearings and kerning look very tight, but that depends on the intended size. Punctuation generally too small. Mostly this just needs more careful drawing—less clunky straights-into-curves, consistency of thicknesses and parallelness on diagonals, more thinning on joins in the regular weight. Don't get too far out front in filling out the character set; keep adjusting those curves until they are more harmonious. And forget kerning until last.
    Thank you so much. Your feedback really valuable to me! I will try to fix these points.
  • Also, I think your extrabold would probably be better just referred to as bold.
    I agree with you. Thank you!