Windows 10 Mark (Diacritic) Issue

I am facing a problem in Windows 10, as it is not substituting 3~4 Diacritics on one base character, and also not replacing the Long shape of Initial as required. This feature and substitution is working Fine with windows 7, as required.

I have created and attach here a  sample font to understand the issue for Font developers, as its working in Windows 7, but not working in Windows 10. I tested it with Word2013, Notepad & Wordpad. All having same problem.

Also attaching the result of Windows 7 and Windows Pro 10.

Comments

• Erwin DenissenErwin Denissen Posts: 291
    edited July 2019
    I think the Ligature lookup must come after the lookups used in calt.

At least then it works in FontCreator and in Word:

• I think the Ligature lookup must come after the lookups used in calt.

At least then it works in FontCreator and in Word:
    Thanx for the time you spend to see the problem. But I already mention in my Post, same Font is working fine in Windows 7, using Word, NotePad & WordPad as shown in your FontCreator shot. But same font with same OTF feature is not working in Windows 10 (Word, Notepad, WordPad).

I used Fontlab & VOLT to create this.
  • Erwin DenissenErwin Denissen Posts: 291
    edited July 2019
    The solution I provided works in Windows 10. See here:

And the fixed version of your font:
  • The solution I provided works in Windows 10.
    Thank you very much Mr. Erwin for the solution, I tried with my sample & my real font, I just shifted ligature lookup after the Calt lookups, as you suggested, and now its working fine with both windows 7 & 10 as you show in your Word Screenshot.. I don't know its a bug or not in windows7 or 10 because it works in Windows 7 as CCMP(Ligature) was on top of the Calt feature. 
    Anyhow Thanx again for the cooperation.
  • I would assume it is a change in the shaping engine. Some features are generally applied earlier regardless of their order in the font. It's possible that Windows 7 was imposing its own order which effectively 'hid' the misordering of lookups within the font.