Cryptvetica :)

The Martians are here to honour their Swiss overlords.  :D

Comments

• André G. IsaakAndré G. Isaak Posts: 626
    edited April 2019
    Wait... Isn't the fox supposed to be brown? Or do the Swiss Martians not have brown foxes?
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,730
    The Swiss Martians have colorless foxes. Only the German Martians have brown foxes.
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited April 2019
    Joking aside, cryptoalphabets are a great part of world building for me. I drool every time I see these scene in the Dune miniseries:

20 thousand years into the future and space-going humanity still uses paper and calligraphy. Works for the legendarium in a weird way. :)
    edited April 2019
    David J Peterson is the emperor of invented languages with their own writing systems: http://dedalvs.com/
    Мy god, I had forgotten such sites existed once. This is something from the Cambrian of the web. Tamagochies had not yet crawled on dry land.   :D
  • David J Peterson is the emperor of invented languages with their own writing systems: http://dedalvs.com/
    He's a great guy, too! We go way back to the old conlang mailing list. :wink:
  • Similarly, Mark Rosenfelder was my first real exposure to conlangs and I still go there regularly to just read and be in awe of the amount of work he’s done.
  • John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    Мy god, I had forgotten such sites existed once. This is something from the Cambrian of the web. Tamagochies had not yet crawled on dry land.   :D
    It's true that his site, although rich in content, doesn't try to be all that fancy with regard to stylistic features. My own web site, though perhaps not as rich in content, is similar in that regard.
    edited April 2019
    John Savard said: 
    I would split the text into two columns.

• John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2019
    John Savard said: 
    I would split the text into two columns.

That would make scrolling through the pages awkwards.

Of course, if the lines are too long, you can always resize your browser window.

Incidentally, after I posted that, my web site was temporarily down, as I was late renewing my domain name. Fortunately, everything is good again.