Grilli Type Foundry seeking a junior type designer (anywhere in the world)

Dave CrosslandDave Crossland Posts: 1,389
edited March 2019 in Job Postings

"Junior Type Designer (3 Months)

Grilli Type is seeking a junior-level type designer on a three month contract basis for 4 days a week.

You will be assisting us with custom type projects, work on customizations and expansion of character sets and scripts support of our retail library, and help us with QA testing and metrics.

As we are a completely remote company, you can be situated anywhere in the world. We expressly encourage members of underrepresented groups in type design to apply for the position.

Your profile:

• Work in Glyphs
• More than one year of experience in type design
• Good knowledge of the Latin script
• Started exploring one or more non-Latin script (Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Thai, etc.)
• Take directions & feedback well
• Enjoy a collaborative way of working
• Have a very strong eye for details
• Good understanding of contemporary aesthetics
• Advanced+ written English skills
• German skills appreciated but not necessary
• Ideally you are available to start by mid-April

We offer:

• Completely remote team: you can work from anywhere
• Part time: Four days / 32h per week
• Sane work hours: you work the agreed hours and not more
• A supportive environment to grow your skills
• Pay commensurate with your experience and location
• Three month freelance contract
• Extension of that contract into a long-term position may be possible, but is not in any way guaranteed.

Apply:

You can apply for this position by filling out (https://airtable.com/shrSVpIYGNr2pvS3E). Applications are open until Friday, March 22. You can email tobias@grillitype.com at any time if you have any questions about the position."

Comments

• Dave Crossland said:
    "We expressly encourage members of underrepresented groups in type design to apply for the position."
    Hopefully they (and in fact the whole operation) will end up doing work for under-represented groups, no matter how they happened to be born.
  • This looks like an excellent opportunity for young designers. I wish I had the time to hop on this position myself