MyFonts backlog

2»

Comments

• Returning to the topic of this thread - support of MyFonts confirms certain errors of Prosper and promises to correct them with time.
  • K PeaseK Pease Posts: 182
    Close enough. Glad it got a laugh, but I fear it would be impolitic to fully elucidate why that description specifically came to mind.
  • Adam JagoszAdam Jagosz Posts: 689
    edited January 2019
    Thanks guys, now I was able to have the pleasure of BATMN-ing (with even some voiced audible release) when I pictured all that ;)
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited January 2019
    I do not get the whole idea behind Prosper. It seems to create more problems than it solves. Since a human team has to look through entries and test them, the tool could actually trick them that the font is OK. It could work, but in some later and much more elaborate version. IMPO.
  • I do not get the whole idea behind Prosper. It seems to create more problems than it solves. Since a human team has to look through entries and test them, the tool could actually trick them that the font is OK. It could work, but in some later and much more elaborate version. IMPO.

It serves to avoid sending the source with silly engineering errors. Days ago I used it to find errors in my ttf version. So you will not get an answer a week later just to warn you that you have mistakenly named the file. Which would be very frustrating.

• Got an email reply from MyFonts -

'This is to confirm that we’ve received your message. We will usually respond within 2 business days'

Funny thing is that the last time I emailed them was early December.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited January 2019
    I get those messages sometimes when I haven't sent them an email. (No recent ones, anyway.)
  • Cory MaylettCory Maylett Posts: 245
    edited January 2019
    I received a payment message from them earlier today followed by an unsolicited "Thanks for contacting us. We'll usually respond within 2 business days" message. Later, today I received a message asking me if I still wanted to stay on their mailing list.
    I have no idea what's going on there, but a bit of chaos seems to be part of it.
  • I received a payment message from them earlier today followed by an unsolicited "Thanks for contacting us. We'll usually respond within 2 business days" message.
    Same here! I was just going to hand in an update for a published typeface, but maybe now is a bad time...
  • I get those messages every month when I get my payment notification. 
  • I just realized, that's the pattern I see, too. Mystery solved (sort of).
  • Same here. No respons exept: "Thanks for your email. You’ve reached the MyFonts affiliates desk. This is to confirm that we’ve received your message. We will usually respond within 2 business days."
    edited February 2019
    Months of back and forth and they still managed to mess up my release. This is the best version I can guarantee for now.

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/vsf/ornatis/
  • Months of back and forth and they still managed to mess up my release. This is the best version I can guarantee for now.
    Without squares looks much better! :)
  • The preview you are showing here in the forum is much nicer than anything on MyFonts right now.
    edited February 2019
    MF were told perhaps five times over what they should show and finally they dug up some old discarded version of the presentation. I have done the best I could with this farce.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/75906919/Ornatis-font?fbclid=IwAR1Hm85YFUL-R-AOBiAvD2RnqVwkiwO744v42GtwW73VtI0ZKpvHSLgGiA4
  • Sorry to hear that.  :(
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    @Christian Thalmann You upload any and as many gallery images you want. Just go to gallery while you're logged in and you can upload, delete and change order. You'll have to enable flash to use the uploader (the other one is broken). In Chrome you can right click on it to enable Flash. There's a delay before your uploaded images show up on the font page so wait a few minutes after uploading. You can edit the ad copy too.
  • @Ray Larabie I'm more worried about uploading the new font files. Does that currently work?
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    @Christian Thalmann No, but updates are handled quickly. I send updates all the time and they take less than a week; sometimes the next day. I send zips with the same filenames along with an explanation for MyFonts and an explanation for customers detailing the changes.
  • Rob BarbaRob Barba Posts: 86
    edited March 2019

@Christian Thalmann You upload any and as many gallery images you want. Just go to gallery while you're logged in and you can upload, delete and change order. You'll have to enable flash to use the uploader (the other one is broken).
    Easily fixed, though.

when you bring up the alternate loader, just delete the second "." after foundry in the URL.

Although I think their page redesign has pretty much made this moot.
  • I just used MyFonts Font Platform for the first time and I'm having issues with all Italic weights. I get this error during validation process:

Family name: Masny
    Subfamily name: UltraLight Italic
    Error reason: Subfamily name not stylelinking compatible
    File names: MasnyUltraLight Italic.otf

I tried a couple of other naming methods and none of them worked.
    Did anyone had similar issue?

Thanks

• Hi Dusan,
    try this:
    Family name: Masny UltraLight
    Subfamily name: Italic
    Prefered Family: Masny        (3 1 1033 16 windows   and   1 0 0 16 mac)
    Prefered SubFamily:  UltraLight Italic        (3 1 1033 17 windows   and   1 0 0 17 mac)

Regards

Sami
  • Thanks Sami!