Comments

• Visually the O Q C G and to a lesser extent the S seem to be taller than the Cap height.
  • Adam LaddAdam Ladd Posts: 250
    edited December 2018
    Does the N feel a little dark/dense?
  • test

• John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2018
    Adam Ladd said:
    Does the N feel a little dark/dense?
    I agree, but only by a very little bit; you have a very sharp eye to have spotted it.

Also, I think that the optical correction making the O and Q a little higher than the cap line is slightly overdone. C, G, and S, on the other hand, have an appropriate optical correction.
  • Thanks @John Savard

Also, are some of the angled stroke weights reversed in contrast? The A Y and the like feel flipped, unless it's perhaps an intentional part of this design.

Is the top half of Z left-leaning a bit?
  • The top curve of the G terminates at a not-quite horizontal angle, unlike those same parts on the C and S.
    The top curve of the G terminates at a not-quite horizontal angle, unlike those same parts on the C and S.
    I believe that was intentional, and it works for me as an aesthetic decision.
  • This font can't make up its mind: C/G/S/Q feel like they're from a humanist slab, while the rest of the font wants to be a heftier Trajan. The M/N should probably complement each other more, with a straight-side M or a top-serifless N. (The N feels too wide, regardless.) There are inconsistencies in the treatment of the serifs throughout.
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    Detach the bottom left leg on the X, move it to the left a wee bit. Reattach.
    This font can't make up its mind: C/G/S/Q feel like they're from a humanist slab, while the rest of the font wants to be a heftier Trajan.
    No, it wants to be ITC Korinna Heavy.
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited December 2018
    There are inconsistencies in the treatment of the serifs throughout.
    ? :)
  • K PeaseK Pease Posts: 182
    A is very light, apart from its crossbar which is darker than other crossbars. If anything it should be equal to V with a lighter crossbar to compensate.

After you have sized O/Q/C/G correctly, they will still seem out of place until you widen D to a comparable roundness.

I think the difference between C and G top serifs is good. The top serif of S is a touch dark and you might want to try making it more like that of G.