1- easy readable
2- similar as possible to hand writing
3- good in lengthy(long) texts
free and paid are welcome

Comments

• Connected or not?
  • Connected or not?
    Not connected
  • Your requirements 2 and 3 sound like they’re hard to address at the same time. Here are some suggestions:

• Your requirements 2 and 3 sound like they’re hard to address at the same time. Here are some suggestions:

good in lengthy(long) texts is the priority
  • I created this using PEIXE FRITO Font, any similar font is appreciated

• Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,131
    Those are hand-drawn, not hand-written.
  • I was going to suggest Brush Script or Park Avenue. 

Formal connected scripts like Embassy BT, Snell, or Dancing Script are easier to read than modern handwriting by kids who have never been taught to use a pen with nib to do proper connecting handwriting or calligraphy. 
  • This thread feels uncomfortably close to Type ID. We're essentially identifying a typeface (or typefaces) based on a verbal description, rather than a visual sample.
  • Florian HardwigFlorian Hardwig Posts: 262
    edited October 2018
    Ahmed, the Peixe Frito font scores poorly on all three points.

Bhikkhu, I had read point 2 as everyday hand writing. Calligraphic typefaces, whether based on formal or informal models, are something different. I’d rather read a lengthy text in Segoe Print than in Embassy – but still would question why it has to be script font in the first place. There are more conventional typefaces (both sans and serif) that also have an accessible, informal tone and are better suited for the task. Also, Ahmed specified he’s looking for fonts with unconnected letters.

Marc, while I don’t agree that suggesting typefaces based on a set of requirements is the same as identifying a font, you are right that the TypeDrawers rules also mention typography advice as a subject that shouldn’t have a place here. Apologies, I was not aware of that. I’ll try to keep this in mind and refrain from further posting on this thread and similar ones. It’s a pity that this essentially limits TypeDrawers to a place where letterform makers talk to letterform makers, with little input from or exchange with users.
  • Bhikkhu PesalaBhikkhu Pesala Posts: 210
    edited October 2018
    Once upon a time, it was not unusual for calligraphers to write neatly with a pen. It is a dying art that is no longer taught much in schools. I guess that most children only know how to use a biro or a felt tip pen.

My own font based on my handwriting was not good enough to be worth updating so I removed the download from my site, but there are still some who can do neat handwriting, whether connected or disconnected. 

In the days before printing became widespread and inexpensive, all records were handwritten. 
  • Marc OxborrowMarc Oxborrow Posts: 220
    edited October 2018
    Florian, I think that maker-to-maker discussion is what makes TypeDrawers unique and useful. I've only designed one typeface in my life, so I'm much closer to a type user than the type designers who comments here, but the focused, high-level discourse is what keeps me coming back.
  • Once upon a time, it was not unusual for calligraphers to write neatly with a pen. It is a dying art that is no longer taught much in schools. I guess that most children only know how to use a biro or a felt tip pen.

My own font based on my handwriting was not good enough to be worth updating so I removed the download from my site, but there are still some who can do neat handwriting, whether connected or disconnected. 

In the days before printing became widespread and inexpensive, all records were handwritten. 
    it looks good Bhikkhu, where can i get it ?
  • I uploaded the archive to my web server.

Download Hattha.7z. There are only Regular, Italic, and Bold typestyles; no bold italics. 

1. Are these fonts copyright? Yes. Although they are free, they are subject to copyright under the GNU License. You may modify the fonts, include glyphs in your own fonts, and even sell your modified versions, but if you do they must also be released under the same GNU License terms. Modified versions must be renamed.
  • I uploaded the archive to my web server.

Download Hattha.7z. There are only Regular, Italic, and Bold typestyles; no bold italics. 

1. Are these fonts copyright? Yes. Although they are free, they are subject to copyright under the GNU License. You may modify the fonts, include glyphs in your own fonts, and even sell your modified versions, but if you do they must also be released under the same GNU License terms. Modified versions must be renamed.
    thank you