Comments

• Nice! C and G don't need the overshoot on top. D, K, W, Z look too narrow. M N look a bit tame, maybe try the approach from A. Z's stem is too thick. 4 is too dark. Why do V and W not have the inward serif? 
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
  • Jasper de WaardJasper de Waard Posts: 617
    edited May 2018
    If you make the N more pointy on the bottom-right, the counters will be more balanced. I like the little bit at the top of A, but I think it would be cleaner if it didn't exceed cap-height (like N). Also makes accents a lot easier to implement. The counters of S also need balancing, the top one looks bigger. Does descending the J make sense if it doesn't underneath any previous letter? Ampersand really has unbalanced stroke thickness, and I think a pointier (but still sort of normal) version would work better. I think, for the sake of visual unity, it would be nice if all letters (except for maybe O, I guess) had at least one spur somewhere. The top-left of stems seems the obvious candidate, but something less obvious could well be cooler.
    edited May 2018

• M still looks odd. Can you try the N's treatment on the left, and a more pointy treatment on the right (so that the counters visually align)? J should have less spacing on the left. Actually the spacing seems off in many locations. N still looks odd as well, because the top counter is much larger than the bottom one. The bottom terminals of C and S look a bit unsure.

In your next image, maybe add some words/text?
    edited May 2018
    I tried making the M as suggested, looked even more odd than now. Maybe an extension on both ends like on the P will do the trick. mebbe not. Spacing isn't adjusted yet, I just don't want to put WIP's everywhere to indicate it. Bottom terminals on S and C look fine to me.

• Dan ReynoldsDan Reynolds Posts: 172
    In your sample, the publication marks are too small. The period (full stop) is a little too small, and the comma is very, very too small. The word space is much too big; it could probably be able half of what it currently is.
  • Jasper de WaardJasper de Waard Posts: 617
    edited July 2018
    I agree with Dan. Some letterpairs may need positive kerning, and/or a change of spacing. TT, PO, TH, TL all seem too tight to me. I think you've overdone it on the M and N a little bit. The spur doesn't have to be that big. The bottom terminal of C looks like it's cut off at too much of an angle, the stroke itself seems to follow a more horizontal trajectory. I still think N looks odd, but maybe that's okay. I think it could be wider though. 5's blunt top-left corner looks out of character with the sharpness of the rest to me. &, ?, and @ all look a bit wobbly. & is leaning to the left.
  • Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    The structure of A has given it really cramped counters, and the “upside down” counters of N (bigger on top) are a quirk echoed nowhere else in the alphabet. 
    edited July 2018
    What are publication marks? The inch symbol?
    Dan, Jasper, Craig noted, thank you. Will work on it.
  • Dan ReynoldsDan Reynolds Posts: 172
    Punctuation marks. Sorry! Period, comma, colon, etc.
    edited October 2018
    Hi guys :) I ran into a problem when I tried to generate instances and am banging my head what could have went wrong. Perhaps it is that some cells are re-arranged, but I have no clue how to move them around.