youworkforthem

Niche.Niche. Posts: 86
edited November 2017 in Type Business
Hey guys & gals!

I have been working hard on a typeface that I finally feel is ready to be released. I don't want to start my own "foundry" and would like to release it through a foundry like fontfont, although I don't think it would be the right fit, and they may not be interested. So this leads me to creative market and youworkforthem, I don't like how creative market lets basically anyone release a typeface without a screening process, but I'm not sure about youworkforthem, what's everyone's opinion on them? I've also talked to Lost Type, but again, likely not a fit for them either!

Thanks!

Simon. 

Comments

• I've been with YWFT for almost ten years. They are not my biggest distributor, but they are responsive, reliable and easy to work with.
  • I once sent my fonts to YouWorkForThem. Got no answers at all. 

Although I must say, because I live in Iran and the US sanctions against us restricts any commercial relations between Iranians and the rest of the world, many are "scared" somehow to send replies to us. 

I got approved my foundry at MyFonts months ago, but the minute the legal department understood I'm from Iran, they didn't answer any emails afterwards :)

• Although I must say, because I live in Iran and the US sanctions against us restricts any commercial relations between Iranians and the rest of the world, many are "scared" somehow to send replies to us. 

I got approved my foundry at MyFonts months ago, but the minute the legal department understood I'm from Iran, they didn't answer any emails afterwards :)
    I'd try again now sanctions have been lifted.
  • Fontspring .... pay the best percentage of any reseller I know.
    Which is what?

• Although I must say, because I live in Iran and the US sanctions against us restricts any commercial relations between Iranians and the rest of the world, many are "scared" somehow to send replies to us. 

I'd try again now sanctions have been lifted.
    Thanks. But the Iran-Deal was just a big propaganda. Nothing has changed. Most of the sanctions are still in place. We are under sanctions by Google, Adobe, HP,... and a lot lot more since Obama.
  • Fontspring .... pay the best percentage of any reseller I know.
    Which is what?
    70%.
    Quickly and easily found by going to the Fontspring website: https://www.fontspring.com/account/foundries/info
  • YWFT is easy to deal with, but I get very few sales there. If you want people to buy your fonts you really have to go with MyFonts. Or do your own thing and promote like crazy.