Tengwar Latin and Cyrillic

Hello friends,
I have been working for some time on some of the scripts from The Lord of the Rings in my pastime. Whether one is a fan of the books or not, I hope that the below designs will be pleasing to all. The Tengwar especially was very challenging, the Cirth has currently only a Cyrillic.

The original design of the Tengwar is by Dan Smith, 1998. It says it is freeware, so I plan to release my version also as a freeware.

Comments

• It's hard for me to keep from reading the /u/ as an /a/. /w/ is also a bit hard to parse. I would consider having the last stroke of /m/ turn outwards like /n/'s. /h/ you could leave turning inwards, but you might adjusting it (dipping it below the baseline for example) to keep it from looking too /b/ish.
    The cool exit stroke of /b/ and /p/ is something you could try also on the eye of /e/.
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited September 2017
    You're GOLD! The new /e/ looks amazing! Pints are on me! :)

• George ThomasGeorge Thomas Posts: 631
    edited September 2017
    A couple of things: the /w is not consistent with the /m, as in it has two internal highlights and the /m has only one which makes it look kind of odd. Also, the /e has one which is inconsistent with all the other glyphs in white space, making it look like a wrong font to me. On it, I suggest moving the vertical bar to the left, leaving a highlight, and stopping the horizontal stroke to join with the vertical bar rather than run through it.
    edited September 2017
    Maybe something in this direction?

• Christian, I do not speak elvish so this is lost on me. Care to clarify? ;)
    edited September 2017
    I am sure it mentions Trollovan forest somewhere as well B) Here's to a good week.
    edited September 2017
    Christian: Ah! Thank You! I mistook Your comment. :/

And here's the font: https://www.behance.net/gallery/56880001/Tengwar-Sindarin-Latin-and-Cyrillic

• I think it is beautiful, although I tend to read the k as lz, more so than the u as a, which I find to be a problem too, but a small one.
  • I really like the lowercase Cyrillic glyphs, but the shape of /Е might be problematic, since there's /Є in Ukrainian.