Microsoft Font Validator runs native on Mac OS X!

124»

Comments

• @Georg Seifert
    is your version still available somewhere?
  • Georg SeifertGeorg Seifert Posts: 669
    edited June 2017
  • @Georg Seifert @Kemie Guaida : I still have a slightly newer 0.1-4.zip from Georg . I can put it up somewhere.

That said, 2.0 was out about 6 months after that. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hp-pxl-jetready/files/Microsoft Font Validator/ get the dmg - if Georg wants to do another spin, the constituting files to 2.0 is in the misc folder in that url, as osxbin.zip.

Btw, 2.1 is scheduled for perhaps a 6-8 weeks' time, after testing on fedora 26. (fedora 26 is still another 3 weeks before release...)
  • I’ll update the app. But it would be good to put it in the same repo and provide an download from there, too.
  • @Georg Seifert : first of all, thanks for the work. I did merge your stuff into mine, just haven't got round to look at it properly... Also, mostly I do things on linux and mac os related things get attention so far as it shares the common unix roots; and as a rule, I am a little uncomfortable redistributing binaries I didn't build (and some are uncomfortable downloading binaries without the person building it owning up to it)... What I'd suggest is if you could also gpg signed the zip file, then I can upload the zip file as well as the detached signature to where the other downloads are. How about that?
  • I don't have a working gpg but the app is signed by my developer certificate already. So if you have the correct app rights setting (the default) it will not launch if it was tempered with. And i haven't seen a signature next to a Mac app download in a while. So I suspect that there are not many people know what to do with the signatur. 
  • I'll need to understand how mac os x apps are signed a bit. The unix model is just "this whole blob (tar ball, zip files) was prepared by me". Microsoft has a way of signing executable files - which includes installers and other auto-unpackers. I haven't done that either :-).

Such issue might just go away (as in "not my problem" I.e. You build the whole thing...) if the whole thing including the freetype enhancement is opened...