Tiro Typeworks is hiring a font maker

After twenty-four years as a two-person shop, often working with associate (external) designers — all of which will continue —, Ross and I have decided it's time to also hire someone for a full-time position assisting us in making fonts. We're looking for someone with strong design and technical skills and experience, who's comfortable and self-motivated to work independently much of the time.

For details see: http://tiro.ca/jobs/170312_Font_Maker.pdf

Comments

• Abraham LeeAbraham Lee Posts: 37
    Congrats to whomever gets this! It sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I was in a position to apply. Maybe someday...
  • I have never wanted to be a Canadian more.

• John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 1,031
    Awwww. Now I'm going to cry. Thank you, Adam.
  • Adam JagoszAdam Jagosz Posts: 65
    Gabriola unveiled.
    We expect this position to remain open until late April, so if you're considering it, consider some more, but don't consider for too long: get your application in. We look forward to seeing it and talking with you.
  • Opportunity of a lifetime! Although I am woefully under qualified for the position, I DO live in Vancouver! That's got to count for something, right?
    Hey Matt, yeah that might count for something. Also, I like how you managed to make something as wonky as Millwright balance so nicely in text: that takes some skill. By all means send us a resumé and let us know more about your experience and knowledge areas.
  • Thanks John! I'll see what I can pull together to impress, and write up something that explains what (I think) I know.