Comments

• Options
    joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 122
    Bare URLs are a poor means of presentation. So-called moderators should step in and edit such postings.

Now get those stopwatches going for downvoting this comment into oblivion.
  • Options
    Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    I suppose I should have been more verbose to make Mr Clark happy but this is not about Mr Clark, it is about the loss of a great designer.  Rest in peace, Karl, and please ignore poor Joe, he is not being disrespectful, he is just being Joe.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,145
    What do his type designs look like? All I could find is Gerstner® Original.
  • Options
    The other one is Gerstner Programm, a reworking of Akzidenz-Grotesk. I plan to post a few examples of Gerstner Original to Fonts In Use later this week.
  • Options
    A digital restoration of Gerstner-Programm was just released by Forgotten Shapes, a cooperation by Stephan Müller (Lineto), Reymund Schröder and Pierre Pané-Farré, “dedicated to their shared passion for the research, preservation and publication of long lost type designs.” The facsimile version was drawn by Müller in 2008–2011, with the approval and input of the original designers Karl Gerstner and Christian Mengelt. It covers the original four weights plus italics and is made available via Lineto.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,145
    I recall Gerstner Program from VGC as a typositor face, in the 1980s.
    Still have the catalog.
    Yes, that’s how VGC spelled it.