Fontshop lost my Suomi Hand -font this weekend.

I went to see the Fontshop -site last Saturday, and checked if my baby was still holding number on position on scripts, but to surprise it wasn' there!
I tried their searching, but only got reply: "We couldn’t find anything matching Suomi Hand".
With just word ”"Suomi"” search I got every other font I have under the Monotype umbrella, but no Suomi Hand. It's like it never existed.
I sent a mail to Fontshop to let them know, and got a reply: "Yes, there seems to be problem with the fontshop.com-only fonts. We are busy to fix to this".
Has anyone else had this sort of dilemma?
Tagged:

Comments

• Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited April 2016
    All OurType fonts (which are also fontshop.com-only within the Monotype world) are also missing. So it appears you are not alone.

On the other hand, another FS exclusive, Balduina Real is appearing, while the other Ietswaart fonts in that package are not. Hopefully, this is a temporary bug and they'll get it fixed soon.

BTW, did you intend to add Suomi Hand Script to MyFonts? If so, it shouldn’t really be treated as a fontshop.com-only font anyway.
  • Yes, there seems to be something weird with those fonts. And Suomi Hand is already in MyFonts, so there no logic which font have gone missing.
  • Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    "We couldn’t find anything matching ambicase"  :/ 
  • Just checked again, and still no Suomi Hand found in FontShop site. Sent mail about this again yesterday, and just got a reply telling there is no instant fix for the problem. Weird.
  • As of April 1, 2016 Monotype began using the same database as Fonts.com and Linotype.com to power the FontShop.com website.

Could be the reason
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    Huh. A few of my older PostScript Type 1 fonts that Fontshop still carried for some reason are gone now, too.
  • Disappearance of Type 1 fonts may be because Monotype is discontinuing sales of them. They should have notified people about it though.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    They were still carrying a few of mine until recently. Basically, the ones that I never made available in any other format. I thought I had withdrawn them at all my distributors, but for some reason, they still carried them.