New Features, August 29 2012

James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
edited March 2013 in TypeDrawers Announcements
I have enabled a few new Vanilla add-ons today:

All Viewed
Allows users to mark all discussions as viewed and mark category viewed. To mark all threads as viewed click on the gear under your user name and choose “Mark All Viewed”. You can also do this on a per category basis by hovering to the right of the category name until a gear appears.

Polls
Allow users to create and vote on polls.

Tagging
Users may add tags to each discussion they create. Existing tags are shown in the sidebar for navigation by tag.

Comments

• Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,131
    Me too.
    But Helvetica?
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    But Helvetica?
    Cope. Or hire someone to code a new stylesheet.
  • Kent LewKent Lew Posts: 905

Or write your own stylesheet. Isn’t that what the web is for? I don’t see a lick of Helvetica.

...write your own stylesheet.
    How do I do that?
  • Kent LewKent Lew Posts: 905
    edited September 2012
    There is an extension for Firefox that I use called Stylish which allows the user to write CSS to override on a site-by-site basis. It can be a little buggy, but it works for me.

I’m not sure if there’s an extension for Safari that allows site-specific overrides (but there should be).

If you use Firefox and wish to install Stylish, I’d be happy to give you my stylesheet as a starting point for deriving your own.

Here’s what I’m looking at. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s more comfortable and pleasing for me than the default.

edited September 2012
    Thanks Kent, I will give it a try!
    nick@shinntype.com
  • I’ll export my stylesheet and send it along. You might want to remove your email from your comment, as this is a public-facing forum, and you probably don’t want/need to be on any more spammer’s lists.