Robothon 2012 videos on Vimeo

James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
edited March 2013 in Events
Videos of the Robothon 2012 talks can now be viewed on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/album/1867506

Comments

• Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    I've been watching them and they are great. After watching Tal's talk on "building stuff" I got all psyched and have been working on a version of my Pangrammer Helper for Robofont.

I tried watching the live stream, but it was kind of glitchy and I'm in the wrong time zone. I'm very glad they posted them like in 2009.
  • I'm already watching them and they're great, like Robothon 2009 videos. Priceless for those of us who didn't have the chance of attending.

I only see two interesting talks are missing: Speedpunk by Yanone and hTools of Hipertipo.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Hopefully the videos were recorded properly; I really want to see the Speedpunk talk.
  • I'm glad the recordings have found their audience :)

There was a problem with the sound during Yanone's talk, the folks in the room have not noticed, but the recording is not complete.. We've discussed this with him and we have some plans. The hTools talk needs to be edited a bit and I haven't had time to do that.

Erik
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    Here's the Robofont version of Pangrammer Helper:

It makes a little window in which to compose pangrams, showing the letters remaining and the length of the pangram. If the Space Center window is active, the pangram will be displayed there as well.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Thanks for posting the videos, Erik. My kids are too young for me to travel right now, so this is the only way I could see these talks.