What build of Fontlab 5.1 works best with Lion?

Matthew ButterickMatthew Butterick Posts: 143
edited June 2012 in Type Design Software
I haven't used Lion, and I haven't used FL 5.1, but the upgrade (or should I say “upgrade”) is becoming unavoidable.

Comments

• Build 4447 is quite useable
  • Yes, I second that. Used it to produce our latest release Trim.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Hold off as long as you can. All the time I used to spend waiting for Fontlab to restart I now spend waiting for Finder and Preview windows to open.
  • If you have wi-fi connection, check the Apple discussion forums. There is something very wrong with the Lion wi-fi (at least on some computers, mine including (iMac10,1)). I had to re-format the hard drive and start from scratch with Snow Leopard again. My wi-fi would not work for an hour without problems after the 10.7.4 update, no matter what remedy I tried, and I tried most of the recommended ones.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Wi-Fi problems exist with various routers in every version of OS X. It’s one of those things Apple never gets right.
  • According to a Fontlab email today, build 4447 has now been relaunched as the official release of FL 5.1.2.

Can it be used alongside 5.0.4 or are the two versions mutually exclusive? Sorry for the grandmotherly questions but I'm trying to avoid taking any step forward that turns out to be irreversible.
  • Matthew: In OsX 10.6.8 I have both installed, 5.0.4 2741 and 5.1.2 4447.
    Keep in mind that they use different python folders, so you may have to duplicate all the installed modules.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.