It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
A while back we posted a position for a type designer, and we're still looking for a great person to join us here in New York. We've reorganized the design team a bit, though, and now need someone with more experience to take on a more senior role.
We are looking for a Senior Type Designer to work in our New York office, someone who loves typography and can enjoy collaborating with our other designers as well as the customers we work with. Applicants should have at least three years of solid, practical experience with the design of typeface families, as shown by a portfolio of work.
The role involves working on custom projects and designs for our type library and also being able to work directly with customers to help make sure we provide them with the best type solution(s) — big or small.
• An enthusiastic team of type designers and technologists, established and new talent, from all over the world.
• Lots of opportunities to learn as well as determine the future of our type design and font development.
• Attractive compensation package.
• Design of new library typefaces as well as custom design for a diverse range of purposes.
• Ability to build OpenType feature files.
• Collaboration with other designers (in-house as well as external contractors) on large projects.
• Management of type projects, including proposals, organization and design of large type families, working with our font engineers on production issues, and design approval.
• Continuous development of knowledge about current font technologies, Non-Latin scripts, and typographic practice.
• Provide support to our sales and marketing teams, including typeface recommendations or consultation with customers.
• Work on multiple projects, keeping priorities and deadlines in clear perspective.
• Mentor junior designers on design techniques to broaden their skills.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in visual communication or type design.
• At least three years of professional experience in type design.
• A portfolio of type design work showing excellent handling of type outlines and technical skills, as well as an appreciation of aesthetics and the use of type.
• Familiarity with a variety of software tools used by the industry (i.e. Glyphs, FontLab Studio, RoboFont, Adobe FDK).
• Experience with at least one Non-Latin writing system (i.e. Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Indic scripts) would be desirable.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic production environment with challenging deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills for presenting and reviewing work with clients.
• Basic editorial capabilities to write short articles or blog entries on typography.
• Willingness to travel.
If you are interested, please apply online at https://monotype.applicantpro.com/jobs/191142.html