Matchmaking typefaces: Taking theory, taste, and history into consideration...

I am a second year Graphic Design student and I'm learning a lot from all of your valuable posts here. So thanks for that.

I am designing my own brand identity and what they say is true, it is every designer's nightmare. For the letterhead, I used Trade Gothic Bold Condensed No. 20 for the paragraph headers, as well as Eames Century Modern Book and its Bolds and Italics for the body text. I thought that Trade Gothic gave a serious, newspaper-y urgency that balanced out Eames' modern, school book quality.

Now I am looking for a typeface to set my name in. In addition to going well in style and tone with the aformentioned two, it has to be eye-catching enough to draw people in (I have one of those bland names, typographically speaking.). Some information about myself: At this point, my work is cerebral, artistic, dark, and a rooted in philosophy and discourse. I'm also looking for something masculine and efficient, yet approachable.

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sorry, but Typedrawers is not a general graphic design forum, and the rules specifically prohibit font recommendation requests. There are countless articles about font pairing on the web, take some time to read and digest them.
This discussion has been closed.