Options

A Question for Helvetica

If you were happened upon by aliens, while being text, and the aliens only knew that you were part of earth's "written language", how could the aliens know you were written?

Comments

• Options
    Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    How would your aliens define "Writing"? As in is there a requirement to prove that the marks visible as Helvetica were written by "hand" using an implement such as a pen or brush? Would aliens even have hands?
  • Options
    Are you asking Helvetica, or me?
  • Options
    They could always just ask.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,146
    I would refer them to my second cousin:
    http://www.typegoodness.com/2010/02/sketchetica/
  • Options
    No... what I'm thinking about is the informational difference between these three, e.g. biangi.

The one on the left might as well be Helvetica. The one on the right, is your only hope of how to properly weight the strokes of the one on the left when weight or size pressure is exerted upon the noodles. The one in the middle, i'm still talking to.
  • Options
    Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    "Are you asking Helvetica, or me?"
    I am asking you to clarify your premise. I am trying to look at it from the point of view of the kind of alien you envision. An alien might be pretty much like earthlings but with a different language; or completely different to a degree that the concept of language and writing are not viewed from the same spectrum; or anywhere between the 2 above.