A new research on Hebrew type face design

Dear Members and friends!

During the last year I'm writing a research on Hebrew type faces designed by the most prominent designer - Zvi Narkiss.
 The research will contain spectacular visual materials which are part of the impressive archive Narkiss created. This archive is also the basis of my research.

This project is extremely important and undoubtedly significant to students of typography, lecturers and design professionals. Also to the general public viewing the Hebrew language and typography manifested so beautifully in Hebrew type faces developed in course of the 20th century and today.

Once it's finalized, the research which will be published as book in Hebrew and in English. It will contain a broad range of images, shown for the first time, particularly interesting thanks to it's relevance in historical, cultural, social, technological and design contexts.

A month and a half ago I uploaded to "Headstart" (Mass funding site) this project, in order to raise the budget for launching and publishing it.

Attached is a link to the project:
http://www.headstart.co.il/project.aspx?id=8657

If you wish to take part in this unique project, and help make it happen, you are warmly invited to join!

Thank you all very much!
Yehuda Hofshi
, Tel Aviv

Comments

• Jeff KellemJeff Kellem Posts: 65
    I'm looking forward to seeing the resultant book, even more so now that an English translation will be included with the Hebrew text. At least, I hope that's what you meant. (I supported this project in early April.)