Foundry/Font library vs collection

Curious, what do you tend to call all the fonts available from your foundry: Library? Collection?

I know font managers like Font Book have designations and purposes for both, but even to the consumer, I wonder which seems more relatable or easy to understand.

I tend to lean towards saying something like "My library is now available at x." Meaning the library includes everything. And I think of a collection as being a select offering of fonts/families within the library.

Am I overlooking something?

Comments

• "My library is now available at x." -> "All our fonts are now available at"
    Simple is always better
  • Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    I don't see it used, but to me "catalog" might be a fitting name for the list of fonts on offer from a foundry. I do see "library" and that perhaps benefits from association with publishers. 
    I agree that I'd reserve "collection" for a thematic subset of types.
  • I use a small free program to organize the fonts by foundry or by designer.
    This program was distribuited a long time ago in alt.binaries.fonts.
    It works very well!
    I hope it helps someone.
  • Even if the program is free, it would be much better (and safer) to provide a link to the developer's site rather than posting the binary here.
  • George ThomasGeorge Thomas Posts: 631
    edited May 2019
    Even if the program is free, it would be much better (and safer) to provide a link to the developer's site rather than posting the binary here.

Especially since it came from a notorious Newsgroup.

• I know alt.binaries.fonts is dark internet but I have been using this específic program for many years with no problems.
    This app does not do anything wrong, only organizes fonts in directories.
    There was a site, fontorg.us, but  this site is down.