Most exiting stuff of the past year?

Hi all, I have been away from the font scene the past year (and maybe a bit more).. so, to get up and running fast: What are the most interesting links to (font releases, font soft, font business, etc) that I need to check out, or in general... the most interesting things to get back into the mood. Youtube videos from cool conferences and presentations also welcome.
Thanks all

Comments

• Hrant H. PapazianHrant H. Papazian Posts: 1,517
    The only thing that stands out to me is FutureFonts (although it might already be losing some of its original purity).
  • Bhikkhu PesalaBhikkhu Pesala Posts: 208
    I don't know what font software you use, but FontCreator 12 is a recent major upgrade after two years. It has new features for anchor-based glyph composition and automated generation of OpenType features from the glyph names. 
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 1,554
    Variable fonts seem to be doing better than the nay-sayers expected, but not as well as its proponents hoped. App support is coming along OK, but the fonts have not been pouring out. Still looking promising, especially (but not only) for web.
  • Variable fonts seem to be doing better than the nay-sayers expected, but not as well as its proponents hoped. App support is coming along OK, but the fonts have not been pouring out. Still looking promising, especially (but not only) for web.
    I see the variable concept as suitable for very specific uses: I do not see them as equivalents of designs thought for specific optical sizes. 
  • Hi Miles, were you suggesting this for a specific post?
  • Miles NewlynMiles Newlyn Posts: 134
    hi Claudio,
    no, just the blog is interesting 
  • hi Claudio,
    no, just the blog is interesting 
    Thanks!
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,145
    @SiDaniels ;Most Exiting - I'd go with this...

Talkin bout my home! Some people live very near that spot, some are rats as well ;-P