The Northern Block is seeking an additional Font Developer to join our Font Development Team.
The primary role is the development of new and existing fonts to The Northern Block library and also custom font projects for an ever-growing client base.
Working both collaboratively as part of a team and remotely unassisted you will make a key contribution to help further establish and improve The Northern Block's font collection.
- Visual check and assessment of designs for consistency and accuracy.
- Running automated technical check reports.
- Amending font designs as required.
- Output of final font formats.
- Perform final checks.
- Comfortable with Glyphs (and possibly FontLab).
- Knowledge of AFDKO (and possibly VOLT and VTT)
- Knowledge of the OT font specification and font table structures.
- Knowledge of the structure of font formats (OTF, TTF, WOFF, WOFF2)
- Knowledge of Python in Glyphs and/or FontLab.
- Knowledge of Google font tools (Fonttools, Fontmake, Fontbakery.)
- 2+ Years experience in type design, programming and hinting
- BA or MA in Type Design, Computer Programming and/or Software Engineering
- Experience of working with Non-Latin scripts
- Excellent proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to critique the work of others; and be open to critical feedback
- Ability to work unassisted and remotely
Salary depending upon experience and reviewed annually.
Location is not required to be in the UK; however, travel will be required to our office on a regular basis.
To apply email [email protected]
or [email protected]