Options

Wondering how many have you tried...

Comments

• Options
    Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,654
    I don't like that about it either, but I've decided to activate my Google+ account for this.
  • Options
    Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 425
    I will do my best to join in, if I can figure out the timezone conversion :-)
  • Options
    Mark - same for me, G+ still confuses me.
  • Options
    I’d like to take part in this as well.

Simon and David, I think I’ve added you but then again I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to unraveling the mystery that is G+.
  • Options
    I hope this isn't just a ploy to get people to join Google+...
  • Options
    From what I can gather only 10 people can be in a hangout at once, so we may need a couple if interest is high?
  • Options
    I have managed them with more at work but AV glitches can develop so I would imagine at least a minute or two of 'can you hear me?' going around a group before everyone is confirmed as on.
  • Options
    John, Mark, if I was not already tied to this through work I would be feeling much the same way. That said, now that I am tied to it I have managed to figure out how to restrict access only to people I want to actually talk to.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm online now and have started a hangout, but am a bit clueless... is anyone else online?
  • Options
    I got there late, cause = dog walker takes rainy days off.

I invited my whole TD circle and no one showed up. What is this, a N. Korean missile launch?
  • Options
    Mark and I are on now
  • Options
    Sorry, running late. Just tried joining but get a message that it is over.
  • Options
    No one can enter w/out an invite....
  • Options
    how can i change that? or feel free to start another an invite mark and i :-D
  • Options
    Didn't get an invite. Only just started adding people to circles this morning, however.
  • Options
    Go to invite, and click my name, or anyone else. Once you start the hangout it's up to you to invite everyone you want...
  • Options
    It took FB about three meetings before everyone "got it" ;)
  • Options
    Ok, invites sent
  • Options
    Ok, so we just concluded the test run, we ended up with David, Mark and myself, was a good first attempt. I'm happy to make this a weekly thing for whoever is around, just maybe a little earlier (it's currently 3:20am for me) but I'm pretty flexible. Thanks guys :-)
  • Options
    Thanks, Simon. And thanks, David, for the brief history lesson. Have a nice nap.
  • Options
    3:30 a.m.!? and I was the one in bed ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I joined this thing, but holy cow is it confusing.
  • Options
    I gotcha though.
  • Options
    Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,749
    Nice "Prisoner" reference, John. I am just introducing my 8-year-old daughter to this show. It is blowing her mind. :)

I liked the Hangout idea, but I was at Typo SF on Friday. Maybe next time?
  • Options
    Hangout Alert: I will try another one today, April 19th, starting at 11:59.

Topics of the day:
    Color, shaded, scaleable, hinted, fonts with kerning and OT, is it passé?
    The new Apple iBand, a 563 dpi watch watch?
    Fonts in Fiji, who's will send a report?
    Is the missing dark matter in the universe just lost type?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I won't be able to participate today because of a prior commitment, unfortunately. Next week should be okay. Hope you get a better turn out today than last week.
  • Options
    For the record, trying this from an iPhone using a 3G connection, not good. Not that I really expected it to be!
  • Options
    If you'd like to participate, please grab a chair, and a non-wireless connection.

Coming in from your phone are just not working very well, and also, I think one of the great things about hanging out, as opposed to a, phone conf. or video conf. call, is that one can share things one is working on, which no one can really see on a phone, e.g. and is tough to share that way.

• Options
    David, can you 'record' the chat so we can watch later? I believe this is a built in feature on Hangout. I am too tired to stay up any longer and participate tonight, sorry!
  • Options
    Agreed. Also, in general, I think this would work a lot better for me an hour or two earlier.