FontLab VI Tutorials?

Hi,

I just recently acquired FontLab VI. The next step is to learn the software. I have been using Glyphs before, and they were kind enough to make tutorials on their website accessible to beginners like me. I was wondering if any of you have found any tutorials on FontLab VI—except for their interesting and motivating manual (incidentally, that is called sarcasm). Thanks!

—Mads

Comments

• AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 143
    edited May 23
    Their facebook page has a few videos [link]. I've gone through some of them but I wish there were more and slightly more in-depth and on a somewhat regular basis.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 1,015
    We are starting to work on videos. The first few may be more flashy than how-to tutorials, but we are planning both.
  • How would I access the videos on the Facebook page since I'm not a member of Facebook?
    edited May 27
    @David Vereschagin the link I mentioned has the videos but for some reason it doesn't list it unless you change it to 'oldest first' or you can click 'videos' listed on the side. I think they should move it to youtube for ease of use.
  • @AbiRasheed Thanks. That sometimes works if I don't get the pop-up asking me to join Facebook that then overlays and blocks the entire page.

edited May 29
    @David Vereschagin the popup should allow you to click 'not now' at the bottom and it should go away. Worked for me all this time. If it's like an annoying forced popup that won't go away like you see on pinterest, might need adblock or something along those lines.
  • Igor FreibergerIgor Freiberger Posts: 116
    While we are still working on videos, let me point that the release notes for the just released version 6.0.6 presents numerous instructions about new features and enhancements.

Also, FontLab forum has a thread listing selected topics with learning contents. We are updating that list periodically.