I am having a tough time with understanding where the diacritic should be placed on some of the Extended Latin glyphs. Namely:
- B with dor below 1E02 - under stem or centered?
- b with dot below 1E03 - under bowl or centered?
- D with cedilla, d with cedilla 1E10, 1E11 - 1. where is the cedilla placed 2. should I supply alternative corresponding glyphs with comma? If yes, how should they be coded?
- D with caron below, d with caron below 1E12 1E13 - where is the caron placed?
- h with dot above 1E23 - is the dot over the stem like an /i or over the bowl like in /b with dot above?
- h with dieresis 1E27 - same question as the previous
- H with cedilla, h with cedilla - same question as p.3
- p with dot above - same question as 5.
- Welsch letters: 1EFA to 1EFF - are they archaic or not at all?
- Are there some pecularities I need to know about designing pan-nigerian letters?
If I had to speculate, I would reason that most of the diacritics below the base letter should be centered, because nobody writing them out would have the time to precisely place the diacritic under the bowl. But I can't be aware of all local preferences. I am using UniBook and visiting various websites to get the needed information but get different results. e.g. I know hcircumflex should have the sign over the stem, and see it misplaced to the right in several sources. So I do not trust everything unconditionally.
I would kindly ask that we keep spam to a minimum because of deadlines. Only comment if you have precise info. Thanks!