Dear TypeDrawers friends and mates,
Since many years that I'm on this business, I never see this topic discussed in anywhere, considering that this times are each time more connected, sometimes I try to imagine how much the big companies cooking in earnings from type designers products reselling, and I have no clue to imagine how that huge monthly, weekly or daily balance could be, I just know about my personal part on this that it's look not much.
In a comparative* way (company vs designer earnings):
- Monotype 50% + 30% in taxes (since 2016) over "Designer earnings" / Designer 35%
- MyFonts 50% / Designer 50%
- FontShop 50% ? / Designer 50%? (I don't know, may be less to designer)
- Fontspring 30% / Designer 70% (not sure about taxes)
- CreativeMarket 30% + 30% in taxes (since 2016) over the "Retail Price" / Designer 40%
(*) Not official information
The main question here is how much is fair to pay to companies in a global connected world and how to do this kind of business better for every participant?