Aprikos – Display sans-serif

2»

Comments

• I'm starting to doubt myself, now. Anyway, your eye should be the final ruler. In general, I sometimes give the n a little less space (1/2 units) on the right than on the left, and the l a little more space (1/2 units) on both sides, but that's just me. Obviously you've also got the curvature of the stems to deal with, complicating things a little.

Even though you may not envision this in use for longer texts (though I think it could work), it's often easiest to spot spacing mistakes at around 12 points, which is not in the pdf. Lastly, the cadencer is an interesting tool, but there will probably come a point when you want to start to make manual adjustments to its output. 
  • @Jasper de Waard
    Thanks for the advice and your eye on this. I'll will make a more consistent proof with 12pt example text included in the future.

I understand the tool will not always make perfect output but it's definitely saving a lot of time for me, especially since I'm doing this on my spare time at the moment. I will try to take it as far as possible and then go in and tweak it where it feels wrong.