The individual will work with Marcom to develop fonts for use in Client's advertising and product communications worldwide.
As part of the Type team, the engineer will become intimately familiar with Font technologies used by the software team.
The position does not require a “font designer” although the individual must be familiar with the principles of font design.
Seeking an engineer with a strong foundation in the structure of international fonts.
Experience with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic a big plus. Education:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent required. Key Qualifications:
• Working on production of fonts in various scripts.
• Use of font editing tools such as FontLab, Glyphs.app and command line tools.
• Use of SVN source management system.
• Creation and editing of glyphs using bezier outline editors.
• Adjustment of geometry and metrics of fonts.
• Assembly of fonts from multiple glyphs sources.
• Testing of Web fonts in different browsers and platforms.
• Testing fonts in Adobe apps. Additional Requirements:
• Experience with development tools on Mac. Knowledge of Unicode principles a must.
• Familiarity with OpenType or AAT layout tables.
• Familiarity with Web font formats and testing.
• Familiarity with font performance requirements and shaping tables for Adobe apps.
• The successful candidate will be self-directed with strong initiative and an ability to balance multiple projects under deadline.
• Seeking an individual with excellent communication and team skills.
• The individual must be extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow-through skills and an ability to focus on quality deliverables.