True type font is not working on Adobe Premier (Mac Platform)

How to generate postscript(Type1) font using fontlabs 4.5 .We generated font type as true type and its not working in Adobe premier software on Mac platform 

Comments

• There are many many things that can be wrong in your file. I think you will have to share your source file with someone with more experience so he/she can see what might be wrong. 'Learn Fontlab Fast' (https://issuu.com/freelancewangxuan/docs/learn-fontlab-fast---leslie-cabarga--2004-) can also teach you some useful lessons for generating your font. 
  • Also advisable: Use the latest Fontlab version, not an old one.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,721
    Yes, you are using a version of FontLab that is well over a decade old!
  • Although the FL edition you use is well over a decade old, I can’t imagine that this is causing the problem you encounter. I’m far from a FL(S) expert though, but I recall that TrueType fonts made with version 3 under Windows roughly two decades ago always worked fine. Perhaps the hinting algorithms have been changed in the course of time, but the quadratic splines in version 4.5 will not differ much from the current ones, I reckon. Thomas can surely tell you more about this. 

Also if you mess up things like the encoding or the metrics of the font, something should show up in Adobe Premiere –assuming that the version that you use supports the TrueType format (perhaps very old versions don’t [certainly not .ttf] and you must be using a Power PC considering the fact that FL 4.5 was developed for this [or was there also a Universal edition?]). So, I would check the consistency of the naming table first. You can use the free OTM Light 3.7 (Mac OS or Windows) version for this (the Mac version only works on Intel-based machines).