OpenTypeTools Macros for FontLab Studio - beta testing

I have been working on porting the functionality of the OpenType.tools website to a Python module for use within FontLab Studio. It is ready for beta testing, and I would love to get some feedback from people. If you are interested, please visit http://opentype.tools/macros.

I developed and tested this package under FontLab Studio 5.1.2 for Windows. I believe it should work with any 5.x version, but I have not tested it with other versions or platforms.

Please use with care: this is beta! Make sure you only use it on copies of your fonts until you're satisfied it works.

Tim

Comments

• I tweeted about this and there have been a few comments, like "where does the module go?" (as well as whether it works on Mac).
  • Thanks, Mr. Phinney! It goes in FontLab Studio's macros folder, following the structure in the zip. On Windows, it's along the lines of this: "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\FontLab\Studio5\Macros" or "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\FontLab\Studio 5\Macros", depending on version. I have not been able to test it on Mac, but I do expect it to work.
  • So I'm curious to know if there's any feedback from those of you who have tried the macros. Anyone tried this on a Mac yet? Any suggestions for improvement?